Creating a new appointment is easy in SimplePractice. Follow these quick steps:
- Click +Create, then select Create Appointment (or click directly on the desired date on the calendar).
- In the calendar flyout, select an existing client or click +New Client (you will be prompted to enter new client information).
- Set the date, time, duration and any recurring appointment settings. You can manually enter the time or use the up/down arrows to set the time.
- Ensure the service code and rate are correct. Click Edit to make any changes.
- Select the appointment type (individual or couple).
- Click Done.
Note: If the appointment is part of a recurring series, you will be asked if your changes should be applied to only the appointment you are editing or to all appointments in the series.
- "Other" appointments are events on your calendar that do not correspond to a particular service (see below). You can use these for setting aside time for breaks, lunch, or meetings.
- If you have multiple clinicians, your session will default to the primary clinician assigned to this client. If you would like to switch to a different clinician for this session, click Change and then select the clinician's name from the drop-down menu.
Note: The clinician assigned to this session will also receive payment for this session.