Couples appointments allow you to schedule two clients for the same appointment. These two clients will share billing and progress notes for their couples appointments. Here's how:
- Make sure that you have created client accounts for both clients.
- Create a new appointment event on the calendar.
- Add the first client to the new appointment.
Note: The client you enter here will be considered the primary client. The primary client will be billed for the session and all billing documents will be in this client's name.
- Select Couple from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the calendar flyout window and enter the second client, as shown below.
- Be sure to set the appropriate service code, and appointment time before clicking Done.
- The new couples appointment will show the first name of both clients in the calendar to indicate that it is a couples appointment, as shown below:
Note: When you write a progress note for a couple's appointment, that note will only be saved to the client's chart on the client's page that you're updating. Additionally, only one member of the couple can receive an appointment reminder for the appointment unless you add separate appointments for each member of the couple to the calendar.