Couples appointments allow you to schedule two clients for the same appointment. These two clients will share billing and progress notes for their couples appointments. Here's how:
- Create a new appointment on the calendar
- Add the first client to the new appointment
Note: The client you enter here will be considered the primary client. The primary client will be billed for the session and all billing documents will be in this client's name. There isn't a way to change the primary client for an appointment after it's created and saved.
- Select Couple from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the calendar flyout window and enter the second client
- Set the appropriate service code and appointment time
- The new couples appointment will show the first name of both clients in the calendar to indicate that it is a couples appointment
Note: When you write a progress note for a couple's appointment, that note will only be saved to the client's chart on the client's page that you're updating. Additionally, only one member of the couple can receive an appointment reminder for the appointment unless you add separate appointments for each member of the couple to the calendar.