The SimplePractice Client Portal is an easy and secure way to engage with your clients online so that you don't have to rely on email when sharing sensitive information.
With our Client Portal, you have flexibility to:
- Send intake forms to clients (both new and existing)
- Share documents and files with a client
- Request the client's demographic information
- Collect or update credit card info
- Send Statements, Superbills, or Invoices
- Allow clients to make credit card payments through the portal (Stripe Account required)
- Allow clients to request appointments through SimplePractice Online Booking (Professional Plan)
After you’ve enabled the portal, you'll get a unique URL that links to your unique Client Portal. You can edit this link to match your name, practice name, or whatever you'd like to display to your clients.
View your practice's Client Portal
- Go to My Account > Settings.
- Click on Client Portal in the left navigation in the Settings Section.
- Under the section Practice URL you'll see your Practice URL. If you haven't locked the URL you can easily change it by clicking on the text field.
- To lock your practice URL, make sure you have edited the URL and then click Save & Lock.
Note: Keep in mind that your practice URL can't be unlocked once you Save & Lock it.
Once you've locked your practice URL you will now see buttons to View Mini-Site and Copy URL.
- View Mini-Site opens a new tab and takes you to your Client Portal page.
- Copy Link copies your practice URL so you can paste it into an email or add it to your website. For help adding the URL to your own website, contact your website administrator.
Client Portal View
Existing clients will receive the link to your Client Portal when you invite them or if you provide them with the practice link elsewhere.
Once your client signs in, they'll be able to:
- View documents you have shared
- See their statements, superbills, and invoices
- Book/cancel their appointments online with Online Booking if you enable it (Professional Plan)
- Allow clients to pay for their appointments via Stripe
What do my clients see?
Depending on whether Online Booking is enabled within your account, clients will be presented upon sign on with a homepage navigating to Appointments, Documents, and Billing & Payments.
Note: You can create a test client using your contact information to try out sharing documents and preview the intake forms you plan to send.
For more information about Online Booking, billing automation, and sharing documents, please see these guides: