For every client appointment, you can add a Progress Note and a Psychotherapy Note from the Session Details page.
Progress & psychotherapy notes
- Progress Notes are tied to the Medical Record of a Client.
If you are required to share client records with other professionals or insurance companies, the progress note for each appointment will be included when you print out the note.
- Psychotherapy Notes are not tied to the Medical Record of the Client and do not need to to be shared with others except if your records are subpoenaed.
Adding a progress note
Notes are added on the Session Details page. You can access this page from the calendar or from the client's chart.
- Select the appointment from the calendar page.
- A link to Add Note will indicate that a note has not yet been written.
- Click the link to access the Session Details page.
- Go to Clients > Client Name.
- Click Add Progress Note button.
How to write your progress and psychotherapy notes
Once you are on the Progress Note page, simply start typing into the blank box provided.
- If you are on the Essential Plan, you will be able to select a Simple Progress note (blank) or populate the note field with a SOAP or DAP note.
- On the Professional Plan, you can select from your list of customized notes templates. We have provided a note template as an example.
- Click Load Previous Note to load (and edit) the previous note. This'll pull forward your previous appointment's progress note for this client, as shown below.
- Once on the Session Details page, type your Progress and/or Psychotherapy notes in the appropriate fields.
- Click Save.