For Tax Season we've created a 2016 Tax Report. Available for a limited time. See your income data and tax-deductible expenses with your 2016 Tax Report.
You can request this report from two different locations in SimplePractice:
1. From your Insights page:
- Go to Insights > Performance Reports > Request your 2016 Tax Report.
2. From your My Account menu:
- Go to My Account > Request Tax Report.
After submitting your request via either method, you’ll see a green banner message at the top of the page letting you know that we’re compiling your report.
Once your report is ready, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve it. You can then open it in Excel, Numbers, or any other spreadsheet application!
As shown in the image below, the 2016 Tax Report includes:
- Total payments collected in 2016
- Total client payments
- Total insurance payments
- Tax deductible Stripe processing expense total
- Tax deductible insurance claim processing expense total
- Tax deductible SimplePractice expense total
- A list of all payments you recorded in SimplePractice with amount, date, and payment type
Q: Will you send me a 1099-K?
A. No, SimplePractice is not a payment processor, so you will not receive a 1099-K from SimplePractice. If you use Stripe to process client payments, you will receive a 1099-K from Stripe if your Stripe account had:
- More than $20,000 USD in total gross volume in a single year, AND
- More than 200 charges in the same year.
For additional information on how the amounts reported on your 1099-K should be reflected on your tax returns, please consult a tax professional or contact the IRS.
Note: If you need help with issues related to your Stripe account, please contact Stripe.