We’ve teamed up with Stripe so you can accept credit & debit card payments. Stripe is a fast, safe, and easy way to accept credit card and debit card payments online.
Note: We worked with Stripe to put together some FAQs of the most common questions we get from customers.
Setting up your Stripe account
Note: We're in the process of making some changes to our platform to better serve our customers. If you do not have an Integrations tab, you'll want to follow these steps to set up credit card processing in your account: Client payments: Card processing in SimplePractice.
To start accepting payments you’ll need to set up a Stripe account, which just takes a few minutes. Here's how:
- Go to My Account > Settings > Integrations.
- Click Sign up with Stripe. You'll be directed to the SimplePractice Stripe signup page, this should only take a couple of minutes to complete.
Note: Make sure to keep the Your Website field populated with the existing information. This is important for client bank statement entries.
Running client's credit cards
You can add a payment to your client's account and charge their credit card with the same command. Here's how:
- Select Stripe Credit Card as the payment method. The system will add the payment and charge the client's card at the same time.
- If this is the first time you're running a card for this client, you will be asked to enter the card number, expiration date, and CVV.
Managing client credit cards
Here's where to manage a client's credit card(s):
- Go to a client's overview page > View/edit client info > Billing and Insurance. You can add additional cards or delete an expired card if you'd like.
Next: 0.4 Send a Client Intake