2-Way Sync allows you to see your SimplePractice sessions on your Google Calendar and your designated Google Calendar events on your SimplePractice calendar. Connect your calendar to Google for the fastest, most reliable possible sync.
This article will show you how to set up your Google Calendar Sync for the first time. For more info on how the 2-Way Sync works, click here.
How to Sync with Google Calendar:
*First make sure to delete any current syncs that you have added to your Google calendar before following the steps below* You can learn how to do so here: Delete a 1-way Synced Calendar
1. Click on My Account, then click on Settings, then click on Calendar in the Practice Settings menu.
2. Switch the Calendar Sync button to "On."
3. Select your preferred Name Format from the Name Format dropdown menu, then click Save. This will affect how names display on your external calendars.
4. In the 2-way Sync section click on the blue button that says Connect Google Calendar.
5. Next, you'll see a pop-up message. Click Log Into Google.
6. You'll next see the Google login page. If you're currently logged into your Google account, you'll see your account listed.
If you don't want to use the account listed, click on Add Account.
If you're not logged in, you'll see a Google login screen where you can type in your Google Account Email and Password to sign in.
7. Next, click on Allow. Google will ask you to give access to SimplePractice to sync your calendar. Depending on your Google settings, you may see more items in this list. This step is necessary to make sure your connection is secure.
8. You'll return to the SimplePractice Calendar Settings page, where you'll see the message that SimplePractice is connected to your Google Calendar!
9. Open your Google Calendar. If your SimplePractice appointments don't appear right away in Google, just refresh the page.
You'll notice that SimplePractice has been added to your list of Calendars in the My calendars section:
Want to remove the 2-way Sync?
You can remove the sync either in SimplePractice or directly from your Google calendar:
Just follow step 1 (above) and click on the Red Disconnect Google Calendar button.
In Google Calendar:
- In your My Calendars list, click the arrow icon to the right of the words "SimplePractice" to open menu options for your calendar.
- Click on Calendar settings from the list of options.
- Click Permanently delete this calendar at the bottom of the page.
- Check the box for Yes... and then click Delete for everyone.
Note: after disconnecting in SimplePractice or deleting in Google, your connection will immediately break and all of your SimplePractice appointments will no longer appear in Google. You'll also receive an email confirming the disconnection.