This article will show you how to set up your Google Calendar Sync for the first time. For more info on how the 2-Way Sync works, click here.
How to Sync with Google Calendar:
Important: First make sure to delete any current syncs that you have added to your Google calendar before following the steps below. You can learn how to do so here: Delete a 1-way Synced Calendar
- Click My Account > Settings > Calendar under Practice Settings.
- Select Calendar Sync to turn on.
- Select your preferred Name Format from the dropdown menu, then click Save. This will affect how names display on your external calendars.
- Click Connect Google Calendar as shown below.
- Next, you'll see a pop-up message. Click Log Into Google.
- You'll next see the Google login page. If you're currently logged into your Google account, you'll see your account listed.
If you don't want to use the account listed, click on Add Account.
If you're not logged in, you'll see a Google login screen where you can type in your Google Account Email and Password to sign in.
7. Click Allow. Google will ask you to give access to SimplePractice to sync your calendar. Depending on your Google settings, you may see more items in this list.
Note: This step is necessary to make sure your connection is secure.
8. You'll return to the SimplePractice Calendar Settings page, where you'll see the message that SimplePractice is connected to your Google Calendar!
9. Open your Google Calendar. If your SimplePractice appointments don't appear right away in Google, just refresh the page. You'll notice that SimplePractice has been added to your list of Calendars in the My calendars section as shown below.
How to remove the 2-way sync
You can remove the sync either in SimplePractice or directly from your Google calendar. Here's how:
Just follow step 1 (above) and click on the Red Disconnect Google Calendar button.
In Google Calendar
- In your My Calendars list, click the arrow icon to the right of the words SimplePractice to open menu options for your calendar.
- Click Calendar settings from the list of options.
- Click Permanently delete this calendar at the bottom of the page.
- Select Yes to confirm, and then click Delete for everyone as shown below.
Note: After disconnecting in SimplePractice or deleting in Google, your connection will immediately break and all of your SimplePractice appointments will no longer appear in Google. You'll also receive an email confirming the disconnection.