1-way Sync allows you to view your SimplePractice appointments in your personal calendars, like iCal or Outlook. Changes that you make to sessions will appear in these calendars, allowing you to see your whole schedule in one place. Sessions that you create in your outside calendars won't display in SimplePractice, however, and you can't modify your SimplePractice sessions via 1-way Sync.
For more control and our most reliable calendar sync, enable the 2-way Sync with Google.
How to enable 1-way Sync with your personal calendar:
Steps for all external calendars:
- Go to your Settings > Calendar page and switch the Calendar Sync button to On.
- Select your preferred Name Format from the Name Format dropdown menu, then click Save.
This will affect how names display on your external calendars.
- Copy your Calendar URL from the 1-way Sync section. You can either highlight and copy the link, or click the Copy Link button.
- Find the specific instructions below for your preferred calendar app. They will show you how to apply your Calendar URL.
iCal on OSX
- Open iCal
- Click File from the menu at the top of the page
- Select “New Calendar Subscription” in the drop-down menu
- Paste your Calendar URL from SimplePractice into the Calendar URL field
- Click Subscribe
- Select “iCloud” from the Location dropdown menu
- Select “Every 5 minutes” from the Auto-refresh dropdown menu
- Click Ok
iCal on iOS (iPhone) or iPad
- On the Home screen, tap Settings
- Scroll down to and tap Calendar
- Tap Accounts, then tap Add Account
- Tap Other, then tap Add Subscribed Calendar
- Enter your secure Calendar URL in the Server field
Note: The easiest way to do this is to copy the Calendar URL from SimplePractice and text or email it to yourself. You can then copy the URL from your text/email and paste it in this field.
- Tap Next
- Username and password fields are optional. Keep the Use SSL field switched on
- Tap Save. You’ll Now see SimplePractice listed under your Subscribed Calendars on the Accounts page.
Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Open up your Outlook calendar, click the Home tab on the Ribbon, and under Manage Calendar section, click on Open Calendar, and then From Internet.
- Paste the link location into the New Internet Calendar field then click Ok.
- Click Yes to the dialog box that comes up verifying you want to subscribe to it.
- After the calendar is updated, it will display under Other Calendars in the Calendars section of Outlook.
- Note: All other versions of Outlook (2016, Office 360, Outlook.com, etc), no longer support secure calendar subscriptions. If you use these apps, we recommend switching to Google Calendar instead.