Adding team members (Clinicians, Billers, Schedulers, and Supervisors) is available with the Professional Plan. You can add as many Schedulers, Billers, and Supervisors as you would like for free, but Clinicians are added at a monthly rate per person. Once you add a clinician, your account will automatically switch to Professional Plan for Groups Click here to see our SimplePractice plans and pricing.
As an Account Owner, you will have access to add Clinicians with various levels of access, as well as Schedulers, Billers, and Supervisors. If you are a team member other than the Account Owner, contact the Account Owner to add additional team members.
Each Team Member you add will be able to create their own unique login credentials so that they can access the appropriate sections of your SimplePractice account.
While you can add as many Team Members in these roles as you'd like, it's important to note that each individual must use a unique email address when creating his or her login credentials. This means, for example, that your Scheduler and Biller cannot use the same email address. You can, however, assign multiple roles to one team member. This is helpful if your Scheduler and Biller are the same person.
How to add a Team Member
1) Go to My Account > Settings > Team Members.
2) From the Team Members section, click on Add Team Member.
3) Enter the person's first name, last name, and email address, making sure to use a unique email address for each team member you add.
Select which role or roles the Team Member will have.
4) Click Add Team Member.
Note: when adding a Clinician or Supervisor, you will also be able to add their Clinician Information at this point. This is optional, and you can always update this info later.
6) When adding a Clinician, you'll see a message confirming that you will be charged for this clinician, and letting you know what your new monthly rate will be. Click OK to continue.
7) Your new team member will receive a welcome email with a link to create their own unique username and password for access to your account.
8) Make sure your new Team Member creates their account using the same email address where they received the invitation. This is the same email address you used when adding them as a Team Member.
Note: If your team member is logging into a computer that someone else also uses to access SimplePractice, make sure that the previous user fully logs out of their account. If your new team member attempts to log into a browser while someone else is already logged into SimplePractice, they won't be able to do so.
9) Once your new Team Member completes their account by entering a unique username, password, and phone number, they will be logged in and ready to get started with SimplePractice!
Team Members will have access to different areas of SimplePractice and different information, depending on their specific role.
How to remove a Team Member
Important: When you remove a clinician or clinical admin, your group will retain any information tied to the clinician or clinical admin, but the clinician or clinical admin will no longer be able to access the files. If you add the clinician or clinical admin back to your account later, you'll need to make them the primary clinician for their clients again. This linking is not automatic.
You can remove team members like clinicians, schedulers, or billers at any time. Here's how:
Go to My Account > Settings > Team Members.
Select the name you wish to delete.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete.
In the modal, enter the team member's name exactly as it appears in the system. This is to help prevent accidental deletions of team members.
Click Permanently Delete Team Member to delete the team member.
If the team member is a clinician or clinical admin, you'll receive a prorated credit back to your account for the remaining time for that clinician or clinical admin which will apply on your next billing cycle.
Note: When a team member is deleted, it is permanent.
Deleted team members and Insights Reports
Although deleting a team member is a permanent action, SimplePractice will still keep a deleted clinician's history accounted for and traceable in some of your Insights reports. You'll notice that deleted clinicians will remain in the Payments received by clinician report along with the Appointment status report. However, they will be indicated as a deleted clinician by a strike through their name and the word (deleted) next to their name.