These are the steps you need to take to ensure the change from Individual to Organization (group) is done correctly:
1. First, you need to make sure that the payers are aware of these changes. You need to make sure the payers have the changes updated in their files.
2. To ensure that your group's billing information is populating correctly in your claims, make sure you follow these steps:
- Go to My Account > Settings > Basic Info > Clinical Info > enter your personal NPI there (every clinician in your account will need to do this as long as they're registered under your group).
- Go to My Account > Settings > Billing and Services > enter your Organization NPI here. Also, make sure you enter the Group's EIN number in the SSN/Tax ID section.
- Go to My Account > Settings > Billing > Insurance > select Organization and make sure your group's billing address has been entered correctly.
- Once you've made these changes, you can create claims and your group's information should be auto-populating in box 25 and 33 of the claim form.
3. You will need to submit enrollments using the new information (if necessary). If you need help submitting enrollments, click here.
- If the enrollments are currently in the Submitted or Rejected status, you can just go into the enrollments and update their information directly.
- If the enrollments are in the Accepted state, our support team will need to ask our clearinghouse to momentarily reject those enrollments so you can update your information. If you have some enrollments for which you'd need us to do this, contact us and tell us the payer id for the enrollment you need to update so we can get this process started for you. To contact us, click here.
Tip: Interested in never having to worry about insurance again? Learn more about our in-house medical billing service, SmartBilling Pro here.