These are the steps you need to take to ensure the change from Individual to Organization (group) is done correctly within SimplePractice:
First, you'll need to make sure that the payers are aware of these changes and that they've completed updating the changes in their files. To ensure that your group's billing information is populating correctly on your claims, make sure you've followed these steps:
- Go to My Account > Settings > Basic Info > Clinical Info
- Enter your Individual NPI here (every clinician in your account will need to do this as long as they're registered under your group). This is the field which populates box 24j for the rendering provider.
- Go to My Account > Settings > Billing and Services > Insurance
- Enter your Organization NPI here. Also, make sure you enter the Group's EIN number in the SSN/Tax ID section.
- Select the Organization bubble and make sure your group's billing address has been entered correctly.
- Once you've made these changes, you can create claims and your group's information should be auto-populating in box 25 and 33 of the claim form.
You will need to submit enrollments using the new information (if necessary). If you need help submitting enrollments, click here.
- If the enrollments are currently in the Submitted or Rejected status, you can just go into the enrollments and update their information directly.
- If the enrollments are in the Accepted status, our support team will need to ask our clearinghouse to temporarily reject those enrollments so you can update your information. If you have some enrollments for which you'd need us to do this, contact us and tell us the payer ID for the enrollment(s) you need to update so we can get this process started for you. To contact us, click here.