Some customers opt to pass along the credit card processing fees to their clients. In some states this practice is illegal, so verify the laws that govern card acceptance in your state before you add fees to your credit invoices.
Creating a credit card processing fee as a product
- Select My Account > Settings > Billing and Services > Products
- Enter a name for the fee such as Credit Card Processing Fee or Credit Card Surcharge.
- Enter a fixed price. (You can easily change the price on the invoice when adding the fee to the invoice - we'll get to that later in the steps. There is not a way to add a percentage.)
4. Return to the Client's Billing Page and open the client's invoice (or create a new invoice for the session if one is not already made).
5. Click the blue Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen. (If you do not see an edit button, check if the invoice has a green Paid stamp displaying on it. If it does, you will need to delete the invoice and create a new invoice.
6. Click the Add Line Item button just below the session fee on the invoice. A menu will pop up that allows you to select the product to add to the invoice.
7. Click the Add button. Once added, you will have the option to edit the fee to adjust it for the fee you want to charge the client.
8. Click Save button in the upper right corner of the screen.
That's it! Now your invoice includes a credit card processing fee.