Some customers pass along the credit card processing fee to their clients. Keep in mind, in some states this practice is prohibited by law. It's definitely a good idea to make sure you're in compliance with your local laws.
Creating a Credit Card Processing Fee as a Product
1. First, click on My Account, then click on Settings, then click on Billing, then click on Practices.
2. Enter in a name for the fee such as Credit Card Processing Fee or Credit Card Surcharge.
3. Enter in a fixed price. (You can easily change the price on the invoice when adding the fee to the invoice - we'll get to that later in the steps. There is not a way to add a percentage).
4. Next, go back to the Client's Billing Page and open the clients invoice or create a new invoice for the session if one is not already made.
5. Click on the blue Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen. (If you do not see an edit button, check if the invoice has a green Paid stamp displaying on it. If it does, you will need to delete the invoice and create a new invoice)
6. Once you've clicked Edit, click on the Add Line Item button just below the session fee on the invoice.
7. A menu will pop up that allows you to select the product to add to the invoice.
8. Click on the Add button
9. Once added, you will have the option to edit the fee to adjust it for the fee you want to charge the client.
10. Click on the Save button in the upper right corner of the screen.
That's it! Now your invoice has a Credit Card Processing fee on the invoice.