In this guide, we'll walk through entering your practice settings for your SimplePractice account. To navigate to your settings, click My Account > Settings:
You'll see your Basic Info page first:
You'll see the tabs that will take you to different parts of your account settings on the left hand side. Below you'll find more detail about each tab in your settings:
- Basic Info
- Practice Details
- Billing and Services
- Notes and Forms
- Insurance Payers
Note: Keep in mind that all of the settings tabs listed above are only available to the Account Owner. Different team members will see different tabs in their settings. See Team members: clinician access levels to learn more about what the settings menu will look like for various clinician roles.
In this section, there are two different tabs at the top:
- Personal Info: This section includes your name, account email address, mobile phone number for verification, and an option to update your account password. If you make any changes on this page, you'll have to make sure to enter your current account password for those changes to save.
- Clinical Info: This section is where you can enter license number, individual NPI number, specialty, and taxonomy code.
Make sure to Save any changes that you make.
Note: See How do I find my taxonomy code? if you need help finding your taxonomy code.
Tip: Anytime you see the question mark icon in your SimplePractice account, you can hover your cursor over it to get more help about the topic at hand.
In this section, you can enter the following:
- Practice Name: This will display on billing documents and in the Client Portal.
- Time Zone: You can select one time zone here for your entire practice. To learn more, see Setting your practice time zone.
- Practice Email: This is the reply-to email address that your clients will see for billing document emails. You can leave this blank if you don't want to include a reply-to email address.
- If you leave the Practice Email field blank, billing document emails will be sent from the SimplePractice no-reply email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: You can enter a phone number that will appear on client billing documents. You can leave this blank if you don't want to include a phone number for clients to see.
- Office Location(s): Enter your office name and address and add additional locations by clicking + Office. You can also select the insurance place of service and color. See Adding office locations to learn more.
- Telehealth Office: You'll only see this field if you have Telehealth enabled in your account. You can enter an office name and address if you'd like. You can also select an insurance place of service and color.
- Cancellation Policy: You can select how many hours a client can cancel without penalty.
Make sure to Save your changes before moving onto the next page.
Billing and Services
This section includes five different tabs:
- Settings: This is where you'll enter the information that will populate onto billing documents and select your settings for billing automations. See Setting up your billing and automations for more detail.
- Online Payments: This is where you can set up your Online Payments account to begin charging clients' credit and debit cards through SimplePractice to collect payment. See Getting started with Online Payments in SimplePractice to learn more.
- Services: This is where you can add and edit service codes that you offer through your practice. You can select from existing options, or create your own custom code. Refer to Creating and using service codes and products to learn more.
- Products: This is where you can add products, or non-appointment items, that you offer through your practice.
- Insurance: This is where you can enter the information that populates into box 32 and 33 of your claim forms. Learn more by referring to Getting Started Guide: Insurance.
Notes and Forms
In this section, you can edit, create, and add templates for progress notes and intake forms. See My Notes and Forms: Creating customized client intake and progress note templates to learn more.
In this section, you can add the following:
- Logo: You can upload a practice logo to add to your printable documents. See Adding a practice logo to documents to learn more.
- Footer: You can enter information that will populate onto the footer of billing documents like statements, superbills, and invoices. See Adding a footer to private practice billing documents to learn more.
- Default email message: You can edit the default email that will get sent along with billing documents. Click Customize this email to make changes and make sure to save.
In this section, you can adjust the types of email notifications you receive from SimplePractice. See SimplePractice email notifications: Daily Agenda Email and Evening Summary Email to learn more about each email type.
In this section, you can search for insurance payers you want to file claims to. You can also submit enrollments to inform the payers that you're planning to submit electronic claims through SimplePractice and/or that you want to receive payment reports through SimplePractice.
Refer to Getting Started Guide: Insurance to learn how to get started with insurance billing.