If you're scheduled for a SimplePractice One-to-One or a screen share with a Product Specialist, you'll be connecting with one of our team members through Zoom. Zoom offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.
Using Zoom screen-sharing makes is really easy to demonstrate how to use SimplePractice, and also for you to show us what you might be having trouble with while using your account.
This guide includes information related to common questions about using Zoom.
Note: Zoom is a secure HIPAA compliant video call and screen share platform.
If you're using Zoom for the first time, you'll want to give yourself a few extra minutes before your scheduled session.
All you need to do is click the Zoom link in your One-to-One confirmation email or the link in the email that the Product Specialist sent. Follow any on-screen prompts and Zoom will install in a matter of minutes.
It's easy to use Zoom to connect with the Product Specialists at your scheduled time.
- Click the link in your One-to-One confirmation email or the link in the email that the Product Specialist sent.
- Once Zoom opens, click Join Audio Conference by Computer to allow the Product Specialist to hear you.
- Hover over the Zoom, window and select Start Video in the lower left corner of the Zoom window, as shown below.
Sharing your screen
- While using Zoom, hover over the Zoom window and select Share Screen, as shown below.
- Select the window or app that you would like to share (We recommend Desktop).
- Click Share in the lower right corner of the select window, as shown below.
Meeting is locked by host
If the meeting is locked by host, this means the Product Specialist is currently speaking to another customer. If it's a few minutes to your meeting time, they are likely just wrapping up with another customer and will be ready to speak to you shortly.
Waiting for host to join
If you see this message, this means the Product Specialist will join at the scheduled meeting time. If it's a couple minutes past your scheduled meeting time, the Product Specialist may be finishing up with another customer.