Double check the provider list:
If you don't see the insurance provider you're looking for in the drop down list, make sure to try alternate spellings of the providers name. (For instance UnitedHealthCare won't be found under "UHC" or United Health Care.) The list contains over 2000 plan names including most of the major providers.
If you can’t find your client’s insurance provider in the provider drop down menu, be sure to check out this article: Selecting the right insurance provider for your client.
Add an insurance company:
If you still can't find the insurer, here’s how to add one:
1) Go to MY ACCOUNT > SETTINGS > INSURANCE PROVIDERS > ADD INSURANCE PROVIDER.
2) Enter the Name and coverage type for the provider. (Setting the coverage type will determine which box is checked on the CMS 1500 claim form. If you're not sure what to put here, leave the coverage type as "Other.")
3) Remember to click SAVE.
Once you've entered this information, the provider will show up in the insurance provider and payer lists throughout your account.
Here's how to add the filing address for the insurance company: Add and edit an insurance address for filing claims
You can edit the information you entered when adding a provider.
1) Return to Insurance Provider page. MY ACCOUNT > SETTINGS > INSURANCE PROVIDERS.
2) Use the search field to find the insurance provider you've added and want to edit.
3) Click on the Providers name to edit the name. Or click on the provider's address to edit the address. Be sure to click save before leaving the page.
Any insurance company you add yourself won't be eligible for online claim filing. So if you believe your insurance provider should be eligible for claim filing, (Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Kaiser, Aetna, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) make sure you take a second look at the provider list before adding an insurance provider.
If you added an insurance company and now wish you remove it, take a look at this article.