If you have a client with secondary insurance, here’s how you can record payments from a secondary insurance payer:
1. Go to the client’s Billing and Insurance tab and add the client’s secondary insurance information. Be sure to indicate the the insurance Type is "Secondary".
2. When you receive a payment and EOB from the secondary insurance payer go to the client’s billing details page and click the ADD INSURANCE PAYMENT button.
3. From the insurance drop down menu use the search feature to select the secondary insurance payer.
4. When you select the secondary insurance payer, the client’s sessions will appear. You will see previously entered primary insurance payments indicated as a blue link below the session.
5. Enter the secondary insurance payment amount and assign it to the appropriate session(s) as indicated on your EOB.
6. Be sure to adjust the write-off accordingly. This will zero out the remaining insurance balance for this session for which you don't plan to be reimbursed.
Note that when adding secondary insurance, you need to adjust the write-off manually.
7. Click Save.
That's it. On the client’s billing details page you’ll see that the secondary insurance payment has been recorded and the insurance balance has been adjusted to reflect the payment.