The Payment Overview is the fastest way to identify and fix any payment errors made on sessions for your insurance clients.
Here is the process:
- Go to Billing > Insurance.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Click the payment you want to investigate, as shown below.
- Click the blue "i" next to the "Ins. Paid" column, as shown below.
The Payment Overview will show you which sessions on this payment have any errors in them. The status for each session will let you know if you need to make any corrections.
The status can include "Good," "Write-off too high", "Payment missing" and "Duplicate Payments recorded."
What do these statuses mean?
- Good status means that you have entered the payments correctly and there are no discrepancies with the payments related to this session.
- Write-off too high status means that the insurance write-off amount exceeds the expected write off. For example, let's say your session fee is $100, your client has a $20 co-pay, and the insurance is responsible for $60. The expected write-off for that session would be $20 and any amount over that would trigger this status.
- Payment missing status means that the payments entered from both the client and insurance company are not enough to cover the full fee of that session.
- Duplicate payments recorded status means that the amount paid for this session, by either the client or the insurance company, exceeds the fee for the session.