Creating batch claims is an efficient way to get your billing done. It's incredibly easy to assemble all of your unbilled sessions, click a button, and create and submit claims with just the click of a button.
However, sometimes you may create a batch of claims where one or more clients' claims do not generate because of missing information in a client's profile.
SimplePractice doesn't want to try to prepare or submit a claim that is missing information and would ultimately be rejected by the payer.
How to find out what information is missing for clients
- From your Calendar homepage, go to Billing > Insurance.
- An inline banner will appear on the page that will alert you to the number of clients missing required information, as shown below.
- In the table of clients, an alert icon will note any clients that are missing required information.
- Click the alert icon will display what information is missing.
- Select Add from the alert icon to link to the client’s info page where you can add or edit the missing information.
Note: When selecting either Create Claims or Create & Submit Claims, you will see a modal, as shown below, that tells you how many clients will have claims created and how many clients need more information saved to their accounts:
Tip: Interested in never having to worry about insurance again? Learn more about our in-house medical billing service, SmartBilling Pro here.