Our sync works by generating a calendar link that your personal calendar uses to "subscribe" to your SimplePractice calendar. Sometimes calendars like Google, are slow to update subscriptions. Google can take a few hours to recognize updates that you make to your SP calendar, and sometimes longer.
If you've noticed that your calendar hasn't updated in over a day, you can always create a new subscription:
First, Delete your old calendar subscription from Google. Then, create a new link in SP by unchecking and re-checking the "enable calendar sync" box on your calendar settings page. Next, subscribe to this new link following the steps in this article: How do I sync my calendar with Google or iCal?
If SimplePractice events are appearing in your iCal calendar, then this means the SimplePractice calendar sync is working. If events are slow to update or if they stop updating, then this means there is an issue with the calendar settings on your device.
There are several setting you can adjust in your Apple devices to make your iCal sync more frequently with SimplePractice's calendar.
On your OS X Desktop
To immediatly refresh your iCal calendar, select View > Refresh Calendars.
To change your claendar's auto-refresh settings:
1. Find your synced SimplePractice calendar in the iCloud Calendar list on the left hand side of your calendar application.
2. Right-click (or click with 2 fingers) on the synced SimplePractice calendar to bring up a menu and select Get Info.
3. A calendar info page will appear where you can select how frequently you'd like iCal to Auto-refresh your SimplePractice calendar sync.
4. When finished, click OK.
Now you're Apple calendar will update at the interval you selected if not more frequently.
On your iPhone
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Fetch New Data
- Make sure "Push" is turned on
- Make sure iCloud is set to "Push"
- Scroll down to the "Fetch" settings and make sure that "Every 15 minutes" is selected.
If you iCal calendar is still not updating after adjusting these Apple settings, it's best to unsubscribe from the SimplePractice calendar then then subscribe to the calendar sync again.