If you're having issues with your 1-way or 2-way calendar sync, you can follow the tips below to troubleshoot:
Note: To learn how to set up a 1-way or 2-way calendar sync, see Getting started with a 1-way calendar sync for Apple Calendar or Outlook or Getting started with the 2-way Google Calendar sync.
Our sync works by generating a calendar link that your personal calendar uses to subscribe to your SimplePractice calendar. Calendars like Google can be slow to update subscriptions, and they can take a few hours to recognize updates that you make to your SimplePractice calendar.
If you've noticed that your calendar hasn't updated in over a day, we recommend disabling and re-enabling your Google calendar sync.
To do this, you'll first need to delete your old SimplePractice calendar subscription from your Google calendar. You can follow these steps to delete it:
- Navigate to your Google Calendar
- Find your SimplePractice calendar under My Calendars
- Click the X next to the calendar
You can re-enable your Google calendar sync by going to your SimplePractice account and following these steps:
- Navigate to My Account > Settings > Calendar
- Scroll down to your 2-way sync and click Connect Google Calendar
Important: All appointments entered in SimplePractice calendar, for the 30 days prior to the date of the sync and onwards, will be published to your Google Calendar once you authorize the connection.
Note: To learn more about setting up a Google Calendar sync, see: Getting started with the 2-way Google Calendar sync.
Tip: If you've disabled your 2-way Google Calendar sync and are still seeing SimplePractice appointments on your Google calendar, you will need to manually delete these appointments from your Google Calendar.
If SimplePractice events are appearing in your Apple Calendar, then this means the SimplePractice calendar sync is working. If events are slow to update or if they stop updating, then this means there is an issue with the calendar settings on your device.
There are several setting you can adjust in your Apple devices to make your Calendar sync more frequently with SimplePractice's calendar.
On your OS X Desktop
To immediately refresh your Calendar, select View > Refresh Calendars.
To change your calendar's auto-refresh settings:
- Find your synced SimplePractice calendar in the iCloud Calendar list on the left hand side of your calendar application.
- Right-click (or click with 2 fingers) the synced SimplePractice calendar to bring up a menu and select Get Info.
- A calendar info page will appear where you can select how frequently you'd like your Calendar to Auto-refresh your SimplePractice calendar sync.
- When finished, click OK.
Now your Apple calendar will update at the interval you selected if not more frequently.
On your iPhone
- Tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts
- Tap Fetch New Data
- Make sure Push is turned on
- Make sure iCloud is set to Push
- Scroll down to the Fetch settings and make sure that Every 15 minutes is selected
If your Apple Calendar is still not updating after adjusting these Apple settings, it's best to unsubscribe from the SimplePractice calendar then then subscribe to the calendar sync again.