To further simplify your workflow, clients can make payments via the Client Portal. Clients will be able to either pay their full balanced amount or their individual invoiced amounts, but not partial or custom amounts. To turn on this feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your client’s Overview page > Edit details > Client Portal tab.
- Select the Access billing documents option and the Pay a balance with credit card using Stripe option.
- After you've shared an invoice with your client, they’ll be able to see and pay the invoice in the Billing & Payments tab of their Client Portal.
- When they click Pay Now, they will be prompted to enter their credit card information. The client can also check the box for Save Card and this will save that card to their profile for future use.
- Once their payment has been processed, the status of their Invoice will change to Paid.
Note: For your clients to make payments through the Client Portal, you must first have your Stripe account set up. For detailed information, please see this guide: Client payments: Card processing in SimplePractice.
- Charging, refunding, and setting up AutoPay for clients with your Stripe account
- Adding a credit card to a client’s file
- Setting up the Client Portal
- What does the credit card request form look like?
- Getting started with Online Payments in SimplePractice