Note: Adding team members is available with the Professional for Groups Plan. You can add as many schedulers, billers, and supervisors as you would like for free, but there is a monthly rate associated with added clinicians. View our subscription plan information here for more details: SimplePractice Plans and Pricing.
With the Professional Plan, account owners can grant clinical administrators, clinicians, schedulers, billers, and supervisors secure access to their SimplePractice account.
Each team member you add will be able to create her own unique login credentials so that she can access the appropriate sections of your SimplePractice account.
How to Add a Team Member
- Go to My Account > Settings > Team Members and click Add Team Members.
- Enter each team member's information one at a time. You'll enter their first name, last name, and email address. Make sure to use a unique email address for each team member you add.
Important: While you can add as many team members in these roles as you'd like, it's important to know that each individual must use a unique email address when creating her login credentials. This means, for example, that your scheduler and biller cannot use the same email address. You can however assign multiple roles to one team member. This is helpful if your scheduler and biller are the same person.
- Select which role or multiple roles the team member will have.
Tip: When adding a Clinician with Administrative Access, Clinician, or Supervisor, you will also be able to add their Clinician Information. This is optional, and you can always update this information later.
- Your new team member will receive a welcome email with a link to create their own unique username and password for access to your group account.
- Make sure your new team member creates their account using the same email address where they received the invitation.
- Once your new team member completes their account setup by entering a unique username and password, they will be logged in and ready to help manage your SimplePractice account.
How to Adjust a Team Member's permissions
- Go to My Account > Settings > Team Members and click the team member's name that you need to make adjustments to their permission levels.
- Make the adjustments and click Update Team Member.
Note: You can learn more about the permission levels of each team member role here: Permissions for Schedulers, Billers, and Supervisors and Permissions for Clinicians, Clinicians with Administrative Access, and Account Owners.