The Appointment Status Report details the financial and documentation status of every appointment in your practice. This report allows you to easily see the client billing, insurance billing, and documentation history for a client - including identifying discrepancies so that you can make the corrections you need.
1. Go to your Calendar homepage > Insights > Appointment status
2. Go to At-A-Glance on a client's Overview Page > Appointment Status Report
Note: Accessing the Appointment Status Report from a client's Overview page will only detail that specific client's billing history.
- The default view of this report shows you the appointment details as well as the client's financial responsibility.
- Set the appointments you'd like to display by adjusting the date range. You can also filter which appointments are displayed based on their status: Paid, Unpaid, Unbilled, and Overpaid.
- You can click Include Insurance to display the Insurance Responsibility section of the report.
- You can click Include Documentation to display the section of the report that details the status of Progress Notes.
- Additionally, every appointment includes Details when you select to include insurance information.
- By clicking on the Details of each appointment, you will have access to a consolidated Payment Overview page for each appointment. This page will give you access to Payment Reports (if available). It also includes direct links to the insurance payments associated with the appointment you're viewing, so you can easily make any adjustments if necessary.
- You can easily identify an appointment that has an issue and make the adjustments from this report.
Finally, following these steps is often recommended to identify and fix billing discrepancies related to invoices using the Appointment Status Report: