The Appointment Status Report details the financial and documentation status of every appointment in your practice. This report allows you to easily see the client billing, insurance billing, and documentation history for a client - including identifying discrepancies so that you can make the corrections you need.
You can access the Appointment Status Report from 2 locations:
- Go to your Calendar homepage > Reports > Appointment Status
- Go to a client's Overview page > Billing Overview > Appointment Status Report
- If you access the Appointment Status Report from a client's Overview page, the report will only include that specific client's billing and appointment history.
Viewing the Appointment Status Report for a specific client:
- The default view of this report shows you the appointment details as well as the client's financial responsibility.
- Set the appointments you'd like to display by adjusting the date range. You can also filter which appointments are displayed based on their status: Paid, Unpaid, Unbilled, and Overpaid.
- You can select Include Insurance to display the Insurance Responsibility section of the report.
- You can click Include Documentation to display the section of the report that details the status of Progress Notes.
- Additionally, if you've created a claim for an appointment, you'll see a Details link under the Insurance Responsibility section if Include Insurance is selected.
- Clicking Details for an appointment will take you to a consolidated Payment Overview page. This page will give you access to Payment Report(s) if they're available. It also includes direct links to the insurance payments associated with the appointment you're viewing, so you can easily make any adjustments if necessary.
- You can identify an appointment that has an issue and make the adjustments from this report by clicking the relevant insurance payment link.