Document Sharing through the Client Portal is available on the Essential, Professional and Professional for Groups Plans.
Through the Client Portal, you have the ability to share documents with clients (i.e. homework, questionnaires, articles). Sharing documents is easy and can be done through your client's overview page. Document sharing is a great way to send intake forms to clients you have already created within SimplePractice.
Before you share documents, you'll first want to make sure you've added the forms or practice documents you wish to send to your account.
How to Add Forms/Documents for Sharing
1. To share a document, click on your client's name and locate the "Shared" area of their profile.
2. Click on "Share New".
You will be presented with a template email, where you can select which documents you wish to send to your client.
3. Select any documents that you wish to share and then click "Send message."
Your client will receive an email with the portal link, alerting them that they have new documents to complete.
When your client logs into the portal using your unique practice link (or from the email you sent them when you shared the documents), they will be able to view all the pending and completed documents that you have shared. This helps them easily track what they need to complete and send back to you.
4. Client View of the Client Portal Documents Tab:
5. Once your client has completed the requested documents, you can locate the completed forms in:
- "Stored Documents": uploaded documents, PDF's, Signed practice documents
- List/Excerpt view of the client profile: Any forms/questionnaires a client has filled out
Important Details to Know:
- You cannot re-send documents that are already waiting in the client portal to be completed or that are partly finished. Your client can always log in to complete any outstanding forms. You can also delete and re-send the forms if you want them to fill them out again.
- If your client forgets their password, they can click on "forgot password" from the client portal to have a reset link sent to them.