With SimplePractice there's no limit to the number of clients you can create and store in your contact list. You can create a client from any page in your account, or you can create a client while scheduling their first session.
Add a Client from the blue navigation bar.
1. Click on the orange +Create button at the top of your page. You can do this on any SimplePractice page.
2. Select "Create Client"
3. You will be taken to the Add Client page where you'll be asked for basic demographic and contact information.
- If the new client is a minor, select Minor to add their parent or guardian's information.
4. Once you enter that info, just click Save and you're done. It's that simple!
Add a New Client While Creating a New Appointment
- Remember to check "Send Intake Form" if you wish to invite the client fill out the intake forms and client information via the New Client Intake Portal.
- If the client is a minor, select the Client is a Minor checkbox to add their parent or guardian information.
4. Click Add this Client.
4. You'll then be switched to the appointment flyout and you can change any session settings and then click Done to save the appointment. It's that simple!
Extra tips when adding a new client.
If you have another clinician on your account, you will also be able to set the Primary Clinician for this client and decide if you would like to grant access to any secondary clinicians. Click here for more information on Permissions for Clinicians, Clinical Administrators, and Account Owners
If you have your Client Portal turned on, you will see the option to "Send Intake Documents." If you leave this box checked, you will be required to fill in their name, email, and select the intake questionnaire you wish to send them. The intake portal welcome email will be sent once you create the client. More information about setting up your Client Portal can be found here.
If you do not wish to invite the client to use the portal, uncheck the "Send Intake Forms" box and you can fill out the rest of the client information yourself. Once you create the client, you can edit and add information to these client fields whenever you wish from the client's Edit Info page.
Adding a Minor Client
You can add a minor client from the +Create button or while creating a new client form the new appointment by selecting the Client is a minor checkbox. This will open information for you to enter the Parent or Guardian's information.
For more information on minor clients, click here.