If you want to delete a client, you can do so in the client's file. Deleting a client removes all of the client's information from your account.
Important: Deleting a client is a permanent action and cannot be undone. A safer alternative is to inactivate a client.
How to delete a client
- Log into your SimplePractice account.
- Click Client Name > edit client info.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Delete this client, as shown below.
- A modal will appear that will require to you to Verify the Client's Name. You will need to type in the client's name exactly as it appears in the red bar on the top of the modal. Note: A client's nickname will appear on the red bar if it has been entered. Make sure to use the client's full first name to delete the client.
- After you have typed in the client's name exactly as it appears in the red bar at the top of the modal, click Permanently Delete Client.
Note: If you did enter the client's name correctly, you will receive an error message.