We created this simple 90 second video guide to walk you through the steps to reset your password. You'll also find step by step instructions below the video.
1) From the log in page click on the Forgot password link.
2) Step 1 of our two-step verification process: You'll be taken to a Reset Password page where you'll be asked for your username and email address.
3) If you remember your username, enter it here along with the email address you entered when signing up for SimplePractice.
4) When finished click Reset my Password.
Both the username and email must match our records, otherwise you'll see an error message. For security reasons we do not indicate which piece of information (username or email) is entered incorrectly.
If you're not able to progress beyond this page, you might need to recover your username. Click here to learn how to recover your username.
5) Step 1 of our two-step verification process: If you successfully enter your username and email on the Reset Password page, an email will be sent to you containing a link to reset your password. Click the link in this email to return to SimplePractice where you will be asked to create a new password.
6) Enter a new password in both password fields
7) Step 2 of our two-step verification process: Verify your identity with the method you selected when signing up for SimplePractice: either by phone verification, or by answering your security question.
If you set up phone verification
If you set up phone verification when creating your SimplePractice account, click one of the options to either receive your security code by voice call or to receive it via SMS text message.
A security code will now be sent to the phone number you gave when signing up for SimplePractice. Enter this security code in the available field:
If you're still having trouble logging in
1. Usernames are case sensitive
This is the most common login issue we see. Make sure you are entering your username exactly as you created it. Make sure to use capital letters if you used capital letters when creating your username.
Example: If you created your username as John 123 you will not be able to log in if you enter john 123 or John123.
2. Enter a valid email address
If you receive an error message that says "Please enter a valid email address" when typing in your email address, this means you have not yet entered a complete email address with correct formatting:
This error message most frequently occurs because you have inserted a space in the email address or your have not typed in the .com or .edu or .orgportion of your email address.
3. Email not found
When trying to recover your username, if you receive this message, it means you are entering an email address that is not in our database.
This means you probably created your SimplePractice account with another one of your email addresses. Or it means that your account has been deleted.
You can sign up for another free trial with this unrecognized email address at any time.
4. Email or Username not found
When trying to reset your password, you will receive this error message if either your username or your email address is entered incorrectly.
if your username is correct and your email is wrong- you will still receive this message.
If your email is correct and your username is wrong- you will still receive this message.
For security reasons, we do not identify which element of the security verification process is incorrect. This is a common practice for greater online security.
5. Confirm your account email address
Even after you recover your password, you won't be able to log back in if you haven't confirmed the email address on your account. This article will show you how: How do I confirm my email address?