Assigning a supervisory role to your SimplePractice account is available in our Professional Plan. Learn more about SimplePractice pricing and plans.
You can invite a supervisor to access your SimplePractice account with their own unique login credentials.
There's a few steps you'll need to take in order to add your supervisor and make sure they are assigned to you.
1. How to add a Supervisor and assign the Supervisor Role
You can give your supervisor access to your account by following these steps:
1) Go to MY ACCOUNT > SETTINGS and click on "Team Members" in the "Administration" section of your account settings.
2) Click "Add Team Member"
3) Enter your supervisor's name and email and make sure to check the "Supervisor" box.
IMPORTANT: if your supervisor has access to more than one SimplePractice account, they will be required to use a unique email account for each intern or trainee account they have access to.
4) A menu will open where you can input your supervisor's License, License Type, and NPI # (optional).
5) Click "Add Team Member" to complete this page. You will be taken to a screen with a list of team members within your account.
2. Assign the Supervisor to yourself as an intern
1. Click on the Team Members section.
2. Click on yourself in the Team Members list.
3. Select Pre-licensed Under Supervision. This check box will only be available if you have added a Supervisor. If you haven't added the supervisor, go back to the first step in this process.
4. Once that box is selected, use the drop down box to assign the supervisor to yourself.
5. Once the supervisor is selected, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save.
3. How Supervisors Log In
Your supervisor will receive an email asking them to create a unique login to access your account:
Once your supervisor clicks on the link they will be asked to create a unique username and password for access to your account.
IMPORTANT: Your supervisor must use an email address that is unique within SimplePractice. So if your supervisor has their own personal SimplePractice account, they must use a different email address when creating a login to access your account.
This also means that a supervisor will need to use a unique email address for each intern or trainee account they have supervisor access to. This will apply if a supervisor does supervision for multiple clinicians each with their own SimplePractice accounts.
Important Details to Know
- If your supervisor has access to more than one SimplePractice account, they will be required to use a unique email address for each account they have access to for supervision.
- Make sure to sign and lock your notes so that your Supervisor is able to view them to sign them. Keep in mind that once you lock your notes, you will not be able to edit them.