1. Click on Billing on the left side of the home page.
2. Click on the Credit Card Charges button.
3. Find the transaction in the list of payments and place your cursor over it to see a Refund link appear.
4. Click on the Refund link and select OK on the popup asking you to verify that you want to perform a refund.
5. After a moment, you will see a new transaction appear for the refund. The new transaction will have a red Refunded tag.
- Once issued, a refund cannot be canceled.
- If you refund a payment that is already part of a Statement or Superbill, then we recommend you delete the Statement or Superbill and re-generate them so they reconcile correctly.
- You cannot refund a payment that is older than 90 days.
- If for some reason you are not able to issue a refund directly from SimplePractice, you can do so from your Stripe dashboard. There’s a guide to that here.
- We submit refund requests to your customer’s bank immediately. Your customer sees the refund as a credit approximately 5-10 business days later, depending upon their bank.
- Some refunds—those issued shortly after the original charge—appear in the form of a reversal instead of a refund. In the case of a reversal, the original charge drops off the customer’s statement, and a separate credit is not issued.