SimplePractice has a 1-way calendar sync feature that you can use to view SimplePractice appointments in your personal calendar through Apple Calendar or Outlook. A 1-way sync will not allow you to create or modify appointments within your SimplePractice account.
Note: If you're interested in learning about a 2-way sync with Google Calendar, see Getting started with the 2-way Google Calendar sync.
First you will need to generate a calendar url. Here's how:
- Log into your SimplePractice account.
- Click My Account > Settings > Calendar.
- Click the Calendar Sync toggle to adjust it to On. This will generate a secure calendar URL that you can use to sync with external calendar apps.
Next, see specific instructions for:
- Calendar on OS X
- Calendar using version 11.4 or later on iPhone
- Calendar with iPhone or iPad (versions prior to 11.4)
- Setting up a sync with Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Reminders about 1-way syncing
Note: If you are part of a group practice, only your specific calendar will sync. It won't include appointments for other clinicians in your group.
Note: See Troubleshooting calendar sync issues to learn how to resolve calendar sync issues.
Calendar on OS X
- Open Calendar
- Click File from the menu at the top of the page
- Select New Calendar Subscription in the drop-down menu
- Paste your calendar URL from SimplePractice into the Calendar URL field
- Click Subscribe
- Select iCloud from the Location dropdown menu
- Select Every 5 minutes from the Auto-refresh dropdown menu
- Click OK
Calendar using version 11.4 or later on iPhone
- Copy the link that you generated from your SimplePractice account (see above instructions).
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Paste the link in the Server field, then tap Save.
Calendar with iPhone or iPad (versions prior to 11.4)
- Click Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down to and click Accounts & Passwords.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Other, then click Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Enter your secure Calendar URL in the Server field. (The easiest way to do this is to copy the Calendar URL from SimplePractice and text or email it to yourself. You can then copy the URL from your text/email and paste it into this field.)
- Click Next.
- Username and password fields are optional, but ensure that the Use SSL on.
- Click Save. You’ll now see SimplePractice listed under your Subscribed Calendars on the Accounts page.
Setting up a sync with Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Open up your Outlook calendar, click the Home tab on the Ribbon, and under Manage Calendar section, click Open Calendar, and then From Internet.
- Paste the link location into the New Internet Calendar field then click Ok.
- Click Yes to the dialog box that comes up verifying you want to subscribe to it.
- After the calendar is updated, it will display under Other Calendars in the Calendars section of Outlook.
- Note: All other versions of Outlook (2016, Office 360, Outlook.com, etc) don't support our calendar subscriptions. If you use these apps, we recommend switching to Google Calendar instead.
Reminders about 1-way syncing
Since the SP calendar is set up for one-way syncing, you can:
- Display your SimplePractice calendar on external calendars.
- Make changes to any SimplePractice appointments in Google Calendar or Apple Calendar.
- Display your external calendar inside of your SimplePractice Calendar.