SimplePractice allows you to sync your SimplePractice calendar and your Google Calendar or iCal calendar. First you will need to generate a calendar url. Here's how:
- Log into your SimplePractice account.
- Click My Account > Settings > Calendar.
- Press the Calendar Sync toggle to adjust it to On. This will generate a secure calendar URL that you can use to sync with external calendar apps.
Next, see specific instructions for:
- iCal on OS X
- iCal on version 11.4 or later on iPhone
- iCal on iPhone or iPad (versions prior to 11.4)
- Syncing with Google
- Setting up a sync with Outlook 2010 & 2013
Note: If you are part of a group practice, only your specific calendar will sync. It won't include appointments for other clinicians in your group.
iCal on OS X
- Open iCal.
- Click File from the menu at the top of the page.
- Select New Calendar Subscription in the drop-down menu.
- Paste your calendar URL from SimplePractice into the Calendar URL field
- Click Subscribe.
- Select iCloud from the Location dropdown menu.
- Select Every 5 minutes from the Auto-refresh dropdown menu.
- Click Ok.
iCal on version 11.4 or later on iPhone
- Copy the link that you generated from your SimplePractice account (see above instructions).
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Paste the link in the Server field, then tap Save.
iCal on iPhone or iPad (versions prior to 11.4)
- Click Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down to and click Accounts & Passwords.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Other, then click Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Enter your secure Calendar URL in the Server field. (The easiest way to do this is to copy the Calendar URL from SimplePractice and text or email it to yourself. You can then copy the URL from your text/email and paste it into this field.)
- Click Next.
- Username and password fields are optional, but ensure that the Use SSL on.
- Click Save. You’ll Now see SimplePractice listed under your Subscribed Calendars on the Accounts page.
Syncing with Google
Note: For the new 2-way Google Calendar Sync, click here. The directions below are for the OLD Google Calendar Sync.
- Log into your Google account.
- Select Other Calendars.
- Click Add by URL.
- Click Add Calendar.
Note: Once synced, it may take up to 15 minutes for your appointments to show up in Google Calendar.
Setting up a sync with Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Open up your Outlook calendar, click the Home tab on the Ribbon, and under Manage Calendar section, click on Open Calendar, and then From Internet.
- Paste the link location into the New Internet Calendar field then click Ok.
- Click Yes to the dialog box that comes up verifying you want to subscribe to it.
- After the calendar is updated, it will display under Other Calendars in the Calendars section of Outlook.
- Note: All other versions of Outlook (2016, Office 360, Outlook.com, etc) no longer support secure calendar subscriptions. If you use these apps, we recommend switching to Google Calendar instead.
Reminder about one-way syncing
Since the SP calendar is set up for one-way syncing, you can:
- Display your SimplePractice calendar on external calendars.
- Make changes to any SimplePractice appointments in Google Calendar or iCal.
- Display your external calendar inside of your SimplePractice Calendar.