SimplePractice allows you to sync your SimplePractice calendar and your Google Calendar or iCal calendar. First you will need to generate a calendar url. Here's how:
- Log into your SimplePractice account.
- Click My Account > Settings > Calendar.
- Select Enable Calendar Sync. This will generate a secure calendar URL that you can use to sync with external calendar apps.
Note: If you are part of a group practice, only your specific calendar will sync. It won't include appointments for other clinicians in your group.
To Sync with iCal:
iCal on OS X
- Open iCal.
- Click File from the menu at the top of the page.
- Select New Calendar Subscription in the drop-down menu.
- Paste your calendar URL from SimplePractice into the Calendar URL field
- Click Subscribe.
- Select iCloud from the Location dropdown menu.
- Select Every 5 minutes from the Auto-refresh dropdown menu.
- Click Ok.
iCal on iPhone or iPad
- Click Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down to and click Calendar.
- Select Accounts, then click Add Account.
- Select Other, then click Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Enter your secure Calendar URL in the Server field. (The easiest way to do this is to copy the Calendar URL from SimplePractice and text or email it to yourself. You can then copy the URL from your text/email and paste it into this field.)
- Click Next.
- Username and password fields are optional, but ensure that the Use SSL on.
- Click Save. You’ll Now see SimplePractice listed under your Subscribed Calendars on the Accounts page.
To Sync with Google:
Note: For the new 2-way Google Calendar Sync, click here. The directions below are for the OLD Google Calendar Sync.
- Log into your Google account.
- Select Other Calendars.
- Click Add by URL.
- Click Add Calendar.
Note: Once synced, it may take up to 15 minutes for your appointments to show up in Google Calendar.
Reminder about one-way syncing
Since the SP calendar is set up for one-way syncing, you can:
- display your SimplePractice calendar on external calendars
- Make changes to any SimplePractice appointments in Google Calendar or iCal.
- Display your external calendar inside of your SimplePractice Calendar.