You can easily request credit card information from your clients after you have linked a Stripe account to your SimplePractice account.
By default, the Credit Card Information form is selected in your settings if you do have a Stripe account linked to your SimplePractice account. This means that it will be included in the intake packet you send to a new client. You'll have the option to deselect that form before sending the client intake when you save a new client's information:
If you do not want to include the Credit Card Information form in the default intake packet, here's how to remove it:
- Go to My Account > Settings > Client Portal > Shared Documents and Files tab.
- Scroll down to find the Demographic & Credit Card Forms section. There you'll see the Credit Card Information form with the box selected to include the form in the intake.
- Deselect this checkbox so the form is not sent by default.
Your client will be able to update or add new credit card information as long as you request it again via the Client Portal. Here's how:
- Navigate to the client's Overview page.
- In the client's Stored documents box, delete the original Credit Card Information form by clicking the trash icon.
- Next, click Share New in the Shared documents box and select the Credit Card Information form.
Additional credit card resources: