If you're seeing a client on a sliding scale or set a special rate for them, you can set a default service code and rate that's specific to that client.
How to set a client's default service
- Navigate to the client's Overview page
- Click Edit details
- Click Billing and Insurance
- Scroll down to the Client's Default Service section
- Select a service code from the dropdown menu
Note: If you want to add a new service code or edit the service codes your practice offers, see How to use and create service codes.
- Enter a custom rate for that service code
- Click Save Client
The new default service code and rate will automatically apply to all new appointments created moving forward. You'll still be able to select a different service code and manually edit the rate when creating a new appointment if needed.