For new minor clients
It's easy to grant Client Portal access to a parent or guardian. When you are creating a new client, just select the Client is a minor checkbox to enter guardian information. This will send a Client Portal invite to the parent or guardian so they can fill out the client intake form.
For existing minor clients
If you have an existing minor client whose parent or guardian doesn't have portal access, it's easy to do.
1. Navigate to the client's overview page.
2. Click on edit client info.
3. You'll need to enter the guardian's email address in two locations.
- First enter the guardian's email address in the Client info page.
- Then click on the Contacts page to add the parent as a guardian and add their email address there as well.
4. Click on the Communication tab.
5. Make sure the guardian's email is selected in the drop down menu and then click on Send Client Portal Invitation. This will send an invite for the parent or guardian to access the Client Portal.
Sending client intake forms to a guardian of an existing client
Once you have followed the steps above, you can then go back to the client's overview page and click on Share New in the Shared section of the At A Glance panel on the right side of the client's overview. This will allow you to select which forms and documents you need to send to the client's guardian.