Whether you're a solo-practitioner or have a group practice, your team needs different levels of access to information.Team Member Roles allow account owners to set different access levels to ensure your team has the appropriate access to the information needed to do their job.
Note: Only the account owner has access to edit or add team members.
Team Member Roles allow access to certain client information for each team member.
For example, a Clinician will have different access from a Scheduler. A Clinician needs to see their own client's info, but not necessarily full practice client lists. A Scheduler will need to see all clients, but doesn't necessarily need access to progress notes and documentation.
Team Member access
- Clinician Roles. You have full control over which information other clinicians in your practice can see, and which settings they are able to access. Learn more about the various access levels for each type of Clinician Role here: Team Members: Clinician Access Levels
- Supervisor Role. Can sign notes and review documentation for pre-licensed clinicians. If this Team Member also sees clients, you'll want to grant them a Clinician role as well.
- Biller Role. This team member can manage billing for all clients and access most practice financial reports.
- Scheduler Role. This team member can manage scheduling, online booking, and assign clinicians for all clients.
Note: A Clinician with Administrator Access will have to set up the Client Portal and Online Booking preferences before a scheduler can help manage availability. See this article for details: Getting started with online booking
As an Account Owner, once a Team Member has been added, you'll be able to edit their access level or remove them from your account at any time. If they're a clinician or a supervisor, you'll also have access to edit their Clinical information at any point directly from the Team Members page of your SimplePractice account.
- Adding and removing Team Members
- About access for Supervisors, Billers and Schedulers here: Team Members: Schedulers, Billers, and Supervisors
- How to remove a clinician and change their permissions