With SimplePractice, you have many options to customize your hours of availability. You can have sessions begin on the hour (i.e., 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM), the half hour (i.e., 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM), or even every 1.5 hours (i.e., 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM).
Note: Before proceeding, set your availability to start on the half hour and make sure the service codes you want to use are selected. Click here to learn how to set availability.
Then here's what you'll need to do:
- Go to My Account > Settings.
- Select the Client Portal Settings Page. Make sure your Online booking is set to Book Appointments According to Service Duration, as shown below.
- Click Save.
Next, you will need to confirm the session duration works for your setup. Here's how:
- From the side navigation panel, go to Billing and Services > Services.
- Select the service you want to offer for this custom time event. You will need to repeat these steps if you have other codes with similar requirements.
- If the session duration is already 60 minutes, you do not need to make any changes. However, if the session duration is for 50 minutes, you will want to add extra time, but not affect the billable duration. Set time to block off 10 minutes, as shown below.
- Click Save.
You can customize these buffer times if you would like your sessions to be available every 1.5 hours or other custom times.