We've made it easy to create a Mental Status Exam in SimplePractice. Here's how:
- On the Client Overview page, click the blue +Create button.
- Click Mental Status Exam.
- Enter the information for the Mental Status Exam and then scroll down and click Save.
It's that simple!
Note: Unlike the Diagnosis and Treatment Plan, you can't change the date. You can't edit the MSE date or time through the provided form. However, you can create a template for an MSE through the Notes Templates feature (Professional Plan).
How to delete a mental status exam (MSE)
You can delete a Diagnosis & Treatment Plan or a Mental Status Exam directly from the Client Detail page. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Client Detail page by clicking the client's name.
- Scroll down to the Mental Status Exam that you wish to delete, hover over it and click Delete.
Note: You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the document. Once you delete this document, this action cannot be undone. The document will be permanently deleted and there is no way to recover it.
How to edit or print a Mental Status Exam
You can print a Mental Status Exam directly from the Client Detail page. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Clint Detail page by clicking the client's name.
- croll down to the Mental Status Exam that you wish to print. Hover over the entry and click the Print button.