Adding payments on the iPhone or Android app of SimplePractice is simple. You have the ability to view the overall balance for the client and add a payment using cash, check, credit card.
Note: This guide goes over adding cash, check or non-Stripe client payments. You can also charge client credit cards via Stripe. If you have Stripe connected, you can learn more here: Charging, refunding, and setting up AutoPay for clients with your Stripe account.
Tip: If you haven't connected Stripe and would like to learn, navigate here: Client payments: Card processing in SimplePractice.
From the app home screen, you can choose to add a payment from one of two locations.
To make a payment from the client session:
- Tap on any client session from the calendar home page in the app
- Tap on the green "Pay" button to go to the Add Payment page
To make a payment from the client profile page:
- Tap on Clients at the bottom of the app (for iPhone) or the top of the app (for Android) and then tap on the client's name
- Tap on "Payments" to go to the add payment page and tap on the + symbol in the lower right corner
3. Select the Payment Amount. You will have a choice between "Balance + Uninvoiced Session" and "Other." If you would like to add a general payment amount, tap on "Other" to add the payment amount.
4. Select the Payment Method (Cash, Check, Credit Card)
5. Tap the red Make Payment button.
Making a payment from the client's session
Making a payment from the client's profile