How to add Stripe credit card payments using your iPhone or Android app
In this article, you will learn how to add a Stripe payment using the SimplePractice app on your mobile device. We've included the steps and a video walkthrough (for iPhone) below!
There are two routes you can take to add a Stripe payment in the app: either (1) from the client session or (2) from the client overview page
1. Here's how to make a payment from the client session:
- Tap any client session from the calendar home page in the app.
- Tap Pay to go to the Add Payment screen.
2. Here's how to make a payment from the client's profile page:
- Tap Clients at the bottom of the app (for iPhone) or top of the app (for Android) and then tap on the client's name.
- Tap Payments to go to the Add Payment page and tap the red plus sign ("+") in the lower right corner, as shown below.
- Select Payment Amount. Then choose Balance + Uninvoiced Session or Other. If you would like to add a general payment amount, tap Other to add the payment amount.
- Select Payment Method (Stripe).
- If you select Stripe and your client does not yet have a credit card on file, you will be prompted to Add Card. You can add a credit card by typing in the number, or by using our SCAN feature. To scan, simply place the credit card in the viewfinder until the card number is captured. Enter the CVV code as directed.
- Now that you have selected the payment method and amount, tap Make Payment.
Have an iPhone? Watch this short clip to see how quick an easy it is to add a payment using your iPhone!