Frequently used add-on codes are pre-programmed into our system and linked to specific services. You can add these codes to your calendar appointments, but first you need to add them as services to your account.
Important: Add-on codes are pre-linked based on what insurance companies accept. If a code doesn't appear in your Calendar flyout window for a service, this means that we don't have a pre-established link for those codes and they're not accepted by insurance companies. If you notice any discrepancies, please contact us.
Activating add-on codes in your account:
- Go to Settings > Billing and Services > Services.
- Click Add New Service.
- Enter a plus sign "+" in the Service text box:
- This will bring up a list of all of the add-on codes. Select one, set the Rate and Default Service Duration, then save the service. Repeat this for any codes you want to add.
Note: You can also bill add-on codes in units and use Multiple CPT Codes. To learn more, see these guides: Understanding Unit Billing and using Multiple CPT Codes in SimplePractice and What is the Default Service Duration?
- When you create a new appointment on your calendar you'll see the +Service option appear below this in the Calendar flyout window.
- Click the CPT code(s) that you want to add to the appointment:
Note: The only options that appear will be those that you've added on your Services page.
FYI: Read this article for more info on using service codes in SimplePractice.
Tip: read our blog post to learn more about billing for extended sessions.