Creating a Diagnosis & Treatment Plan in SimplePractice is quite simple. Here's how:
- Click Clients and select a client.
- On the Client Overview page, click +Create, as shown below.
- Click Diagnosis & Treatment Plan.
- Select a diagnosis from the Diagnosis drop-down menu. You can add multiple diagnoses for your client. To do so, click the plus sign ("+") next to the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Diagnosis.
Important: The first diagnosis you add to a client’s profile will be applied to all of the sessions that client has whether they took place before or after the time stamp on that diagnosis code. Any other subsequent diagnoses codes that you add to a profile will only apply to the sessions that are time stamped at least one minute after that Dx code(s).
Note: You can add a treatment plan later if you are not ready to do so now.
Creating a treatment plan
Once you have saved the diagnosis, you can create a basic or advanced treatment plan. Here's how:
- Click Basic or Advanced to create a treatment plan. This article contains the steps to create an advanced treatment plan.
- Enter the treatment plan information.
- Click Save.
Note: The date will default to the current time. If you want to have this diagnosis show up on Superbills and previous notes, you can backdate the diagnosis & treatment plan.