Creating a Diagnosis & Treatment Plan in SimplePractice is quite simple. Here's how:
- Navigate to the client's Overview page, click +Create and select Diagnosis & Treatment Plan from the dropdown menu.
- Select a diagnosis.
- Click Save Diagnosis.
- You can add multiple diagnoses for your client. To do so, click the plus sign ("+") next to the drop-down menu.
- The first diagnosis you add to a client’s profile will be applied to all of the appointments that client has whether they took place before or after the time stamp on that diagnosis code. For subsequent diagnoses, you can adjust the timestamp to reflect the correct time.
- You can add a treatment plan later if you aren't ready just yet.
Creating a treatment plan
Once you have saved the diagnosis, you can create a Basic, Advanced, or Wiley treatment plan. Here's how:
- Click Basic, Advanced, or Wiley to create a treatment plan.
- Enter the treatment plan information.
- Click Save.
Note: The Date and Time Assigned will default to the current date and time time. If you want to have this diagnosis show up on Superbills and previous notes, you can backdate the diagnosis & treatment plan.
Tip: To learn more about using Wiley Treatment Planners, see this guide: Using Wiley Treatment Planners.
Editing, printing, or deleting a treatment plan
To edit, print, or delete a treatment, follow these steps:
- 1. Go to the Client's Overview page.
- 2. Find the Diagnosis & Treatment Plan that you would like to edit or delete.
- 3. Hover over the right side, and you should see the options to Edit, Print, or Delete the Diagnosis & Treatment Plan.