Did you set up a default code for your client so it’s different than the practice default, but your client’s sessions are still being billed with the wrong code? When you set up a client’s default billing code, this change applies to all future sessions. If you created sessions before this, you’ll want to edit the past sessions and recreate the future sessions.
Before we start fixing past and future sessions, we want to set the client’s billing code correctly if they have a custom fee.
- Click on edit client info next to the client’s name on their overview page.
- Click on the Billing and Insurance tab.
- Scroll down to the Service Code section and select the service if you haven’t already.
- Edit the service fee for the client, then click on Save.
To fix past sessions: We’ll want to fix these past sessions, so they reflect the correct service code and fee.
- Head to the calendar and click on the session for the client that has the wrong code/fee. The fly out will open.
- If you already created or you have invoices set to auto-generate, just delete the invoice for the cancelled session. Click on the invoice to open the invoice, then click on the red Delete button.
- Next, click on the Edit button that displays next to the service code.
- Edit the service code and fee.
- Click on Save.
- Repeat this process for any past sessions that weren’t set up correctly.
To fix future sessions so that they bill correctly...
If you scheduled the future sessions before changing the client’s default code and fee to the correct setting, you will want to delete those future sessions.
- For repeating (recurring) sessions: Click on the next future session. On the flyout, click on the trashcan in the lower left corner. Then when prompted, click on This and all future sessions. Do not delete all sessions in the series. Then create a new repeating session to replace the old one. Your sessions will now bill correctly!
- For single sessions: You will need to individually delete each session. Click on the session in the calendar and a fly out will appear. Click on the trashcan in the lower left corner. Then click OK. Then add the session again so that the billing information will be set up correctly. Repeat this for each single session the client has on the calendar.