Did you set up a default code for your client so it’s different than the practice default, but your client’s sessions are still being billed with the wrong code? If so, keep reading to find out the steps to fix this issue.
Note: When you set up a client’s default billing code, this change applies to all future sessions. If you created sessions before this, you will need to edit the past sessions and recreate the future sessions.
Setting the correct service fee
Before you fix past and/or future sessions, you will first need to set the client’s billing code correctly if they have a custom fee. Here's how:
- Click edit client info next to the client’s name on their overview page.
- Go to Billing and Insurance.
- Scroll down to the Service Code section and select the service if you haven’t already.
- Edit the service fee for the client, then click Save.
Fixing past sessions
You will need to fix these past sessions, so they reflect the correct service code and fee. Here's how:
- Go to the calendar and click on the session for the client that has the wrong code/fee. The flyout will open.
- If you already created or you have invoices set to auto-generate, you will need to delete the invoice for the cancelled session. Click the invoice to open it, then click Delete.
- Click Edit next to the service code and change the service code and fee.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for any past sessions that weren’t set up correctly.
Fixing future sessions
If you scheduled future sessions before changing the client’s default code and fee to the correct setting, you will need to delete these future sessions. Here's how:
For repeating (recurring) sessions
- Locate and click the next future session. On the flyout, click the trashcan in the lower left corner to delete the session .
- When prompted, select This and all future sessions. Do not delete all sessions in the series.
- Create a new repeating session to replace the old one.
Your sessions will now bill correctly.
For single sessions
For single sessions, you will need to individually delete each session. Here's how:
- Locate and click the session on the calendar. On the flyout, click the trashcan in the lower left corner to delete the session .
- Click OK.
- Add the session again so that the billing information will be set up correctly.
- Repeat this for each single session the client has on the calendar.