This guide details how to change the time zone for your practice and it includes important information to note about changing the time zone for your account.
Changing or setting the time zone
To change or set the time zone for your practice:
- Navigate to Settings > My Practice
- Under Time Zone, use the dropdown menu to select the correct time zone for your practice
- Click Save Information
Important information about time zones in SimplePractice
Here are important things to note about time zones in your account:
- Daylight Saving Time will automatically update in SimplePractice.
- You can select one time zone for your practice. This setting is practice-wide, so clinicians can't select different time zones for themselves.
- By default, when clients are requesting online appointments through the Client Portal they’ll see the practice time zone you set in your account. Clients will also have the ability to select the time zone they’d like to view your availability in the Client Portal by clicking Change:
- Appointment reminders sent to your clients will reflect the time zone that’s set at Settings > My Practice > Details. See How to set up appointment and time of scheduling reminders for additional details.
- If you're using the SimplePractice mobile app, you have the option to either lock your practice time zone or turn this feature off. If you turn the feature off, the SimplePractice mobile app time zone will match your device settings.
- In your SimplePractice mobile app, you can navigate to your Settings to keep your mobile app in your Practice time zone or to change it to the Device time zone.
- The web version doesn't change time zones based on your location. If you're traveling and you want to view your schedule in your practice time zone, you can log into your account through a browser rather than the mobile app.