Sometimes an insurance payer will require that you re-submit a claim with corrections when it has been rejected or denied. This can easily be done by following these steps:
- From your Calendar homepage go to Billing > Insurance > Claims tab.
- Open the claim that needs to be corrected and resubmitted.
- Click Edit to Resubmit.
- Next click Edit & Resubmit New Claim when this option appears.
- You can now edit the claim and make the necessary corrections.
- Next, scroll down to box 22 and make sure that the Resubmission option is checked.
- Finally, you’ll input the Payer Control Number in the Original Ref. No. field. The Payer Control Number is assigned directly by the Insurance Payer. This number will auto-populate to this field if a Payer Control Number has been received by SimplePractice. If a Payer Control Number has not been received, please input the original claim number that can be found on the EOB you received from the payer.
Note: The Payer Control Number can be found by clicking Payment Overview. For additional information please refer to this article: Payer Claim # vs. Clearinghouse Reference #.
Tip: Interested in never having to worry about insurance again? Learn more about our in-house medical billing service, SmartBilling Pro here.