To ensure that both your personal and group NPIs are populating in your claims, make sure you have entered your NPIs in your settings. Here's how:
Entering your individual NPI
- Go to My Account > Settings > Basic Info > Clinical Info.
- Enter your personal NPI here.
Note: Every clinician in your account will need to take this step.
Entering your organization's NPI
- Go to My Account > Settings > Billing and Services.
- Enter your Organization NPI here.
Entering the Tax ID or EIN associated with your group's NPI
You will also need to make sure you've entered the tax ID that is associated with that group NPI.
If your group NPI is associated with an EIN, make sure you enter the EIN in this format XX-XXXXXXX.
- Go to My Account > Settings > Billing and Services > Insurance.
- Select the Organization option.
- Confirm that box 33 has the billing address the payer has on file for your group/organization, as shown below.
Once you've made these changes, every claim you create will include the NPIs for your clinicians in box 24j as the individual who rendered the services. Also, the group's information will be in box 33 as the billing entity.