Before adding a new payer to your list of insurance providers, double check the existing list to make sure you're not overlooking the payer you need. Our list contains over 2,000 plan names including most of the major providers.
Tip: If you don't see the insurance provider you're looking for in the drop-down list, try alternate spellings of the payer's name. For example, UnitedHealthCare won't be found under "UHC" or United Health Care.
How to add a new payer
- Go to My Account > Settings > Insurance Providers.
- Click Add Insurance Provider.
- Enter the Name and coverage type for the provider.
- The Coverage you select will determine which coverage option is selected in the CMS 1500 form if you print or download a claim form with that payer on it. If you're unsure what option to select, choose the "other" option.
- Click Save.
Once you've entered this information, the provider will show up in the insurance provider list and payer lists throughout your account.
Note: If you're going to be creating claims to download & file them via fax or mail, you will also need to add the payer's address in your account so the claims include this information. This article will show you how to add/edit a payer's address.
Once you add a payer:
- You can use the payer you added to add insurance payments on behalf of that payer to a client's profile. You would add the insurance payment the same way you'd add any other insurance payment. If you need some guidance, take a look at this article.
- You can use that payer to create claims and download them so you can submit them by mail or by fax to the payer.
Important: You will not be able to file claims electronically or receive Payment Reports from any payer you added manually to your account.
If you added an insurance payer to your account and you want to remove it, here's a guide on how to do that.