With a reliable internet connection, you can securely access your SimplePractice account from a newer computer (laptop or desktop, both Apple and Windows), mobile device (iOS or Android), or tablet.
Though, to take advantage of all of SimplePractice's features and to ensure the security of your data, your device and browser will need to meet our minimum requirements for using SimplePractice.
We've actively chosen to only support certain browsers because the security of your clients' information and the ease of your SimplePractice experience is always top-of-mind for us.
Important: If your device, browser, or operating system version (OS) doesn't meet the minimum requirements, the quality of your SimplePractice experience may be impacted. Above all else, using outdated technology can interfere with the security of your data. Additionally, our Customer Success team won't be able to assist with troubleshooting unless your device meets the minimum requirements.
Minimum requirements for your device
For computers (laptop or desktop - Apple and Windows):
- We recommend using newer devices purchased in the last two years
- This is a security precaution as older devices can compromise your data more easily
- Use a computer that has at least a 2.5 GHz processor and 4 GB of RAM
- For Apple computers, we only support the following operating system versions:
- macOS 13: Ventura (latest version, recommended)
- macOS 12: Monterey
- macOS 11: Big Sur
- macOS 10.15: Catalina
- For Windows computers, we only support the following operating system versions:
- Windows 11 (latest version, recommended)
- Windows 10
For mobile devices (iOS or Android):
- Use at least iOS 13
- Use at least Android 7.0
For web browsers:
- Google Chrome version 87
- Mozilla Firefox version 84
- Apple Safari version 14
- Microsoft Edge version 87
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported
- Due to security concerns, Microsoft no longer recommends using this browser either
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser
- Enable cookies in Chrome by following these steps
- Enable cookies in Safari by following these steps
- Enable cookies in Firefox by following these steps
Tip: You can learn more about setting up your browser to successfully use SimplePractice in the guide How to set up your browser for SimplePractice, and you can learn more about the minimum requirements for using Telehealth in the guide Telehealth FAQs.
A reliable internet connection:
- For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth above 10-15 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality
Note: You must have an internet connection and cannot work offline. Any changes made while offline will not be saved to SimplePractice.
We know that keeping your clients' data safe and sound is a joint effort, so we appreciate you taking these necessary precautions.
Note: To make sure we're offering a smooth experience for your clients, the Client Portal does support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. We no longer support Internet Explorer for clients because it does not meet the minimum requirements needed to run the Client Portal securely and successfully.