Whenever there are changes to your practice information, you’ll want to update the insurance payers and make sure your enrollments within SimplePractice have the correct information associated with them, too.
If the following information has changed or has been updated with the insurance payer you’ll want to check that your enrollment information is correct:
- Provider/facility name
- Tax ID
To update your enrollment information, here are the steps to follow:
- Contact the insurance payer to verify the information that they have on file for you.
- If the enrollment in SimplePractice needs to be updated, please contact our Customer Success team.
- One of our team members will reach out to our clearinghouse and request that they reject your current enrollment. This will allow you to update your information.
- Next, go to My Account> Settings> Insurance Providers> Enrollments.
- Click rejected. This will take you to the enrollment screen. Here you can update your information as needed and click Submit/Update Payer Enrollment.
- Our clearinghouse will work with the payer to process the resubmitted enrollment with your updated information.
Tip: Interested in never having to worry about insurance again? Learn more about our in-house medical billing service, SmartBilling Pro here.