Your Client Portal Web Address (Client Portal URL) is the link you and your clients can use to access the Client Portal. Before you begin using the Client Portal, you'll want to set it up correctly. Below you'll find how to:
- View and lock your Client Portal Address
- Share your Client Portal Address
- Change your Client Portal Address
View and lock your Client Portal Address
- Click My Account > Settings > Client Portal.
- Under Client Portal Address, you'll see your link. If you haven't locked the URL, you can personalize it by clicking and editing the text field.
- To lock your Client Portal Web Address, make sure you have edited the URL to your liking and then click Save & Lock.
Share your Client Portal Address
- View Client Portal opens a new tab for you with your Client Portal page.
- Copy URL copies your Client Portal Web Address so you can paste it into an email or add it to your website.
Change your Client Portal Address
Once you lock your Client Portal Web Address, you won't be able to make changes to it directly. If needed, you can send our team a help request and we can unlock it for you.
After changing your Client Portal Web Address, the links that were provided to clients through SimplePractice emails from before will no longer work. The links found in those emails will direct clients to the SimplePractice website instead. We recommend letting your clients know ahead of time what the new Client Portal Web Address will be, so they can bookmark it on their computers. We also recommend that you update any links to your Client Portal found elsewhere, such as on your website or in your email signature.
Your clients' login information for the Client Portal will remain the same, but they'll have to log in from the new Client Portal Web Address.